Hi,

first of all a quick introduction: I'm one of those armchair mappers trying to assist in cleaning up the mess after the redation bot.

When doing so I've noticed that most of the state and territory borders are gone. I could already reconstruct the straight parts from remaining segments and nodes. But the non-straight parts are still missing, so there isn't much left of ACT at the moment, for example.

Looking for a source for these I came across the data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics which are ODbL-compliant according to [1]. Available is are shapefiles for the electoral boundaries [2] and to my understanding these had previously been used for the state boundaries.

So I would suggest to import the missing parts of the boundaries from these datasets again. This wouldn't be an automatic import but include manually combining the data with what's already there.

Any thoughts?

Best,
   Michael (user Ohr)

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/ABS_Data