Hi Kristy,

Not a large userbase in the ACT and not all of them may subscribe to this
list.  To help you in your search the following link may prove useful
(Suggest unticking Black, Red and Orange users in the top left corner for a
closer measure of 'active' contributors)

http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/oooc?zoom=11&lat=-35.29175&lon=149.17885&layers=B00FFFFFTT

While I don't represent the contributors in ACT it would be great if (the
whole of) government was able to provide or make accessible data with
suitable licence clearances for use in OSM.  Despite that and noting the
small contributor count in the region maybe more 'useful' would be the
application of resources to help with the contribution of data OR some sort
of government advocacy/community growth initiative with the long game being
to build the local contributor base.

To adapt a recent phrase from another list, OSM is a collection of
on-the-ground observations and while there is a place for supply of
government information, and notwithstanding your Indonesian HOT experience,
your time would be well spent looking at some of the imports carried out in
other parts of the world (some good, others less so), as well as
subscribing to the @imports list (if you haven't done so) for a view into
the workings OSM members apply to externally supplied information.

Cheers,

Jason
M: 0438740049