On 21-Dec-16 10:45 AM, Nick Hocking wrote:
As a side issue: I don't believe that a mapper's work should be deleted by anyone other than the mapper themselves, unless it is agreed on this list that the work was vandalism or copyright violation.

I too don't like deleting stuff ... even my own. I have found that deletions are better approached by changing the tags rather than outright deletion e.g. 'highway=*' to 'obsolete:highway=*'

But I don't think a requirement of discussion on the list is required, better is the suggestion that the author be contacted using the changesets comments before acting?