On 10-Jan-17 07:19 PM, Andrew Davidson wrote:
So you want to put these areas into OSM, fair enough. But why do we have to break the definition of admin_level 6 when there are three admin_levels that are currently undefined, unusable, or redundant?

That would also suggest that states and territories should be in separate levels.

For practical purposes they perform the same duties, therefore the same admin_level should be used.

Another option is admin_level 7 which is currently so vaguely defined that we could come with a working definition that includes unincorporated areas with names.