On 4/10/19 10:53 pm, Andy Townsend wrote:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1698#issuecomment-134914770

Thanks for that. I hadn't realised there was yet another prioblem with using the path tag: highway=path bicycle=designated is currently rendered differently to highway=path bicycle=yes. As previously discussed, in Australia the only difference between yes and designated can be the cycleway being old enough for the bikes to have worn the markings off. So we'd end up with a map that just tells us where the signage is still OK.

the likes of https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/24377739 in Perth would also fit too.

Oh marvelous. Having edited the wiki page he's now editing the map to match his new tagging policy:

http://osm.mapki.com/history/way.php?id=24377739

the 1-liner descriptions you see at e.g. https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/highway#values reflect this use

Classic OSM documentation...the one hand can't agree with the other.