Hi, it's stevea from California.  Some of us in the USA are crafting a proposal
(https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Park_boundary), may be two or
three staged proposals, intended to better express the wide inclusive semantic
"we" (OSM-wide, but including US English-speakers) mean for the word "park."
In US English, this is "spoken of" (in vernacular) to include county parks,
state parks, all kinds of things we call parks.  (And OSM seems to have
difficulty expressing around the world with consistent tagging).  Is this also
how the word "park" is used in Australian English vernacular?  A likely answer
might be "what we mean is not EXACTLY the same as how you Yanks might mean it,
here are some similarities and differences from an Aussie perspective."

I have taken a brief look at existing rendered data in OSM, though, there's
nothing like simply asking local people "how do you talk about this?"

Thank you.  This might become a spirited discussion!

Stevea (in our wiki)