On 27/5/21 8:52 pm, Andrew Harvey wrote:
Okay, so it sounds like we have a few people advocating including the
full address tags even when they could be derived from a parent
boundary object mostly because it makes it easier for some data
consumers,

Who are these data consumers? The only two concrete data consumers we have are OSM Carto and Nominatim. Neither of which require anything beyond street to function correctly.

People keep throwing up hypotheticals and when I show how you would deal with these supposed problems, the assumptions get moved and we continue the argument.

Let me be blunt here: if you don't have a smidgen of coding or GIS expertise you are not going to get any value out of trying to extract the address information from OSM and do something with it.