On Mar 2, 2022, at 1:18 AM, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have they simply forgotten that they posted them, so a reminder would og
> their memory; or as suggested, do they want somebody else to do the actual
> mapping work for them?

Let's not forget that a Note is often added by a "lesser experienced" mapper
(or maybe not even a mapper at all, I think there might be methods for
non-Contributors to add a Note, like through certain apps...please correct me
if I'm wrong).  They add a Note because it is "better than leaving a noticed
error," but they can't (or won't) fix it themselves.  So, YES, they DO want
somebody else to do the actual mapping work for them.  There is nothing wrong
with this, it is part of why Notes exist, so let's incorporate that knowledge
into why somebody posted a Note in the first place:  it isn't so we can grumble
at their "laziness," it is to "request an assist" by a mapper who comes along
later and says "yup, there's a problem here, I know how to fix it, and they
whack away the error into mapping data bliss."  (Right there, for that issue).
And, "another one (Note) bites the dust."

As we Resolve a Note, it's a full round-trip on what is supposed to happen with
them.  Even one at a time this is true, but especially when you get
national-scope efforts to fix these (thousands at a time), the quality of our
map data just goes up, up, up.  I smile at the thought of it:  such feedback
loops are wonderful.

Congrats on the Weekly Newsletter horn-toot!