There is also a "site relation" [1] (a relation with type=site), useful as a
grouping at a single site.  I'm not saying this is how EV things have been
done, are or will be, rather something to consider as a "might be."  These are
relations so it's good for them to be orderly and structured, and "at a single
site" pretty much goes without saying.

As EVs and their charging stations evolve, grow, move, merge and multiply
(along with smart parking lots with solar roofs, smarter grids
infrastructure...), I think there remains a good deal yet of fluidity in this
sort of tagging.  We do have regional trends, it appears.  We do have fluidity
in tagging, it appears.  OSM is strong enough and smart enough and fast enough
to "flow with this" in real time.  Getting big, hugging arms around it all I
think will take some time, and will smear a bit as it does, though we are
getting there.

In California, these sorts of things are popping up a LOT, like at "truck stop
parking areas" and "state Department of Transportation Rest Stops," grocery
store parking lots and municipal or "corporate yard" lots / shops.  Public
parking and private parking alike; supply and demand.  Some areas have "smart
parking" at "just drove into this zone off the freeway and a right turn ahead
means they have over 500 available parking spaces."  On digital signs that
update through the neighborhood's main drag, live / in real time.  Entire bus
networks using electric vehicles.  I often think we choke on our current
transportation systems, (which often feel last-century), though, slowly and
surely, it does seem to be getting greener and smarter around here.  There's
even a nascent hydrogen network.  And in my backyard, "we have ignition" (as in
net-positive fusion).

>From cold and rainy winter California, Happy Holidays, Happy '23, mates.

that Yank Stevea (in our/OSM's wiki, though not usually or maybe even ever in
Australia/ wiki)

[1] https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Relation:site
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:site>