I mean, people use amenity=charging_station [1], which has a name=* tag.  And I
think Europe imported a bunch of these over a decade ago.  Maybe it's ME who is
behind the curve here?  Dian and/or Phil linked this / raised this already.

Regarding what Warin says, OSM just MIGHT be either "a" or "the" preferred
method of navigating to the charger.  OSM might even aspire to be "real time"
in the regard, although that seems like an "under evolution now" process.  (And
some EVs already do this on their on-screen navigation).  It's all how
dedicated we want to be, starting with capturing the present inventory,
comparing it to what is known to exist, and "gardening" that into a smooth,
accurate future.  OSM does this with roads and some POIs already, EV chargers
are another class of POI.  Getting tagging syntax on these to "established,
agreed-upon, wide-area standards" is happening.  And will until it settles
down.  That seems in our near-term or maybe medium-term future, as there is a
lot of growth and change here.

I think a node tagged amenity=charging_station is a "yes, now, today..." and
maybe you could agree to add fee=yes (as I don't see a lot of free ones, though
who knows, with widespread fusion in 50 years, we could dream).  But yeah,
tagging actual pricing would be like chasing pump data is today at a site like
gas buddy dot com, with all its wackiness and sometimes / not always
trustworthiness / updated status.  OSM might get better at "real-time" in our
future, but for now, I think focusing on "every single one of them on Earth,
and with a solid syntax wiki-documented so most any mapper could nail one up
the day its ribbon is cut" is good for us now.  Node, plus good, sensible tags
(including name=*) and technical stuff like sockets and voltages / amps and the
operator=* and maybe owner=* tags, then getting into network=* stuff like
ownership and standardization happens, all while more are built and more vanish
or are behind private gates or "buses only" or "city corporate vehicles o
 nly" and they might be mapped, but dimmed in some renderers (like restricted
parking lots are in Carto), because they are non-public.  All of this is
emerging, all of this will continue to emerge.

I haven't drilled down too much into it, but I recall reading on some wiki
somewhere (long ago?) that even amenity=fuel could "reveal" one of these (an EV
charger), even though the "fuel" isn't liquid or gaseous but electrons via a
socket that might even fit YOUR EV.  So, wider-area taginfo and OT queries
might continue with comparison against "known to exist" databases / inventories
of these.  And harmonization of tagging continues.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dcharging_station