On 07/06/2023 03:00, Ian Steer wrote:

My Garmin GPSMAP 66i gives misleading routing instructions at a new intersection on Albany Highway near Albany when using OSM data.

One thing that might be useful to know is what was used to create the Garmin .img file from the .osm data.  Control over "who or what can go where" is almost entirely under the control of the style.  That's an entirely different thing to spurious "right on ..." etc. instructions of course, but it might still be worth knowing.

Not related to your problem, but I did notice that when I changed cars, and went from a Garmin Nuvi using my own OSM-based maps to the car's built-in HERE-based satnav maps, it started chirping about "keep left / keep right" on main roads with very minor junctions all the time - so annoying that I turned the sound right down!

Best Regards,

Andy