Yes Ewen, I agree

The OSM mission statement is at https://osmfoundation.org/wiki/Mission_Statement

I would like to see it also include something like Google's "don’t be evil"*
Or doctors' "first, do no harm" or "primum non nocere"

Tony Forster

* Google changed "don’t be evil" to “do the right thing” in 2015 and finally dropped it in 2018 https://gizmodo.com/google-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393

Hi all,
  A fantastic thread and I feel it is important to assist those protecting
the environment over ground truth mapping.

 On lord Howe Island, currently over 70% of the island is off-limits for an
outbreak of Myrtle Rust with the Island Board stating "The rust has the
potential to change the way our mountains and forest looks, it may alter
food webs and ecology, and potentially affect world heritage values,". In
Western Australia, there is Phytophthora (dieback), now prevalent in the
Stirling Ranges which is mainly carried long distances by human activity.
In these and other more local instances,we should endeavour to assist
protection.

I feel the  lifecycle prefixes and access=no in most instances however it
might be better to remove all highway tagging other than a note to protect
fragile ecology so that no downstream map accidentally maps these.

Ewen