On Sun, 8 Oct 2023 at 23:12, Adam Steer <adam.d.st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not even controversial that NSW NPWS would remove informal trails
> from OSM. Heck, I would. I'd also get smart, and start to ask OSM to revoke
> accounts of repeat trail remappers.

Not disagreeing with you, Adam, but if the track has been completely
removed from OSM, then there's nothing there to say "Don't map it"! If
somebody is only looking at imagery, & can see a track going off that way,
that's not on the map, then they're likely to add it & it will immediately
reappear as a public track, whereas if it stays mapped as an abandoned
track with access=no, that won't happen.

Thanks

Graeme