Hi Graeme
I have not seen anything indicating Strava removes ways from heat maps. Way 1033069444 was removed by lifecycle prefix on 1 September. Its heat trace is still there. I expect it to fade as it is used less and finally disappear.
Tony

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/1033069444/history

https://www.strava.com/heatmap#16.18/145.31833/-37.93630/hot/run

Quoting Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>:

Made this, slightly tongue in cheek, comment t'other week.

Turns out that they possibly do!

Just clearing a Note & noticed that the traces of these paths,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?note=3942697#map=18/-32.95437/151.74519
which are tagged as disused, don't appear in Strava!
https://www.strava.com/heatmap#18.18/151.74460/-32.95468/hot/run

Thanks

Graeme

On Mon, 9 Oct 2023 at 10:08, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>