gvdmo...@skynet.be wrote:
> Original message sent on the Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:53:14 +0100 by
>  benlae...@gmail.com
>
> > railway=disused is for railways still there but not used
> > anymore (kaaien)
> > railway=abandoned is for railways no longer there
>
> (newby point of view but:)
>
> For abandoned railways (I mean without rails), why not insert the way as
>  railway, but not visible, and the same way like the actual state on the
>  terrain (cycleway, footpath...) and this last visible ?

Well, it's what we're doing today if abandoned railways are mapped that have
become paths or roads today: there's a way with the railway=abandoned tag, and
another with the highway tag (they're often not at the exact same position
anyway).

But about visibility: it's a choice of the people in charge of the rendering.
You could open a trac ticket to ask for a change as I don't think there's
anyone on this mailing list who can edit the rendering rules directly.

Greetings
Ben