Hi all,

I'm mostly adding new paths and tracks around Huldenberg with JOSM, using Bing (and previously Yahoo) to correct ways and adding landmark buildings in connection of the new material.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.7876&lon=4.5993&zoom=13&layers=M

Gerard.

Jo wrote:

I'm working around Bekkevoort, Bierbeek and Leuven. I was almost considering to buy a balloon or a kite, or make a ride on a balloon to make my own aerial imagery. Some features are next to impossible to map by surveying. (forests, rivers, lakes, buildings, landuse). So I'm really grateful with Bing's decision to let us use their imagery.

I noticed that around Leuven/Diest all the imagery is 3 years old. Of course some things have changed in the mean time, but mostly it's very useable and certainly better than nothing at all.

I try to make landuses as big as possible and I do connect it to the highways. It gives the best result when exporting to PDF and printing them, especially at high zoom levels. When working on a region I first trace the smaller features like buildings, orchards, forests, then residential/commercial landuse, then farmland. in between.

The quality of the map is increasing tremendously, hopefully the database won't get overloaded...

Jo