On Wednesday 29 August 2012 14:45:14 Sander Deryckere wrote:
> West-Flanders lists them completely:
> http://www.west-vlaanderen.be/provincie/beleid_bestuur/gemeenten/Pages/defa
> ult.aspxthe same for Flemish-Brabant
> http://www.vlaamsbrabant.be/over-de-provincie/kennismaking/grondgebied-kaar
> tmateriaal/gemeenten-vlaams-brabant/index.jsp. I didn't find other
> provinces listing their arrondissements.

Their maps on the other hand don't:
http://www.vlaamsbrabant.be/binaries/kaart-vlaamsbrabant-fusiegemeenten-
arrondissementen_tcm5-2605.pdf

> Isn't it a bit strange if municipality, arrondissement and province all
> have the same name? I think having something like "Arrondissement" in the
> name would make it clear at which point in the hierarchy you've arrived.

But why should it be at arrondissement and not at the municipality/city or at
province level? Why not all of them?

Anyway, there's only one way to solve this: find out what the official names
that are written in the law are, and use those. But I have no idea where to
find this (if it's in a law of course, I'm even not sure about that, but there
has to be an official document somewhere that defines them).

Ben