The problem for me is that the association is basically overhead. It costs
money and effort to maintain it while not offering any intrinsic benefits.
The only reason we are considering it is because of a (possible) donation
from the government. Creating two separate associations would double the
overhead.
For now, I see no reason to create a Flemish counterpart. Since there would
only exist a single association, it would be the de facto one to go to for
all Belgian related situations.

In summary, I propose to create a single association (which is what would
probably happen anyway). If this association is created in Brussels, on
"neutral ground", it should be acceptable for both Walloon, Flemish and
Brussels governments. If the need should every arise (a government refuses
to work with an association that also works with other governments,
disagreements, ...), we can always split the association afterwards.

Best regards,

Dennis