Your complain about street being placed in wrong cities, is exactly why we
should use associatedStreet relations instead of repeating addr:street &
addr:city over and over on individual buildings. In that case you only have
to correct it once, on the relation, and the data is corrected.

But I'll admit that I've been to lazy to add associatedStreets recently, as
nobody seems to care. And the tools support outside JOSM is not that great.
Repeating the street name twice is completely useless IMHO.

I think it is possible to combine lot's of house numbers and accuracy, at
least I hope that's what I leave behind :-)