On 05/10/2013 01:37 PM, Jo wrote:
You should simply bring her along. She's hot too, I mean into HOT (humanitarian...) too. LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist.

On a more serious note. It's not entirely clear to me yet how facilitating to incorporate/integrate/import the walking/cycling/horseback riding networks from the authoritative source rhymes with humanitarian aid. I can see how it would be a random hack of kindness. (Hopefully it won't take away Marc's pleasure in actually going out and mapping them for real). Of course, knowing where the routes are and mapping the actual roads they follow and their conditions are still two different things, so it will remain interesting to go out and map.

I'm mostly trying to make sure that what will be expected from us is to find ways to convert the upstream data into something that is easy to integrate with OSM data and to be able to do some quality control on it to find differences between the OSM data and what Toerisme Vlaanderen has.

It would be nice to have a sneak preview on what that data looks like. csv files? shape files? a dump directly from PostGIS, as they had the good sense to use that already? :-)

I second this opinion, first step should always be to compare and see what the differences are, The quality of data in OSM is quite accurate usually, since we have many hiking/walking enthusiasts in our midst that personally trail these. So before we start importing this, we should do some quality assurance to see where we are at. So let's loose the 'maybe' Q/A suggestion, and make that like the first thing to do. And that's just from the 'data' point of view, actual verification of the trails itself should be done at some point as well.

And please keep Ben's girlfriend at home before she convinces me -again- to start mapping the rest of Cameroon ;-)

Glenn