Put some comments in line against web-etiquette
My "killer" application to show them would be a single website that combines the following functionality:

If you really want a killer App, you should make this in HTML5, which brings local storage (offline use) and other goodies to make it feel like an app on your smartphone, it's cross compatible , so Iphone maniaks can use it as wel as Android nuts. You only develop it once.

a) walking routes (both knooppunten and local routes) with distance as openwandelkaart.nl <http://openwandelkaart.nl> b) background of hikebikemap.de <http://hikebikemap.de> ( I love the hill shading) (and it's faster than openwandelkaart) c) route creation as on wandelknooppunt.be <http://wandelknooppunt.be> (not OSM based)
d) tourist information
d1) hotels, pubs, restaurants, attractions with links to their websites & opening hours (see openlinkmap.org <http://openlinkmap.org> and http://www.netzwolf.info/kartografie/osm/time_domain/map_opening) d2) the direct link to mijnlijn for busses (see openlinkmap.org <http://openlinkmap.org>) d3) historic buildings, etc as in http://geschichtskarten.openstreetmap.de/historische_objekte/ with images, wikipedia links (also in openlinkmap), protected monuments, etc. d4) picnic sites, benches, sidewalks, road quality, other information important to walking/hiking

I would not focus on getting only their data into OSM, (nor De Lijn, nor Onroerend Erfgoed), but show an app that combines all this data with the data we have today. It's the combination of all this data that makes OSM great, not the individual pieces that each institute has themselves.

Pretty good idea, I could actually do this, just trying to get my head around the good old 'time' problem. points a, d1, d2, d3, d4 could be easily done. That's what amenity's are for. Extracting the OSM data to support this is quite trivial with Overpass API.

The opening hours is probably a more difficult part to tackle, there are plenty of sites that deliver this, but where that data comes from, if it is accurate and up to date is a big '?'-mark. I'm sure OSM data isn't as detailed enough for this.

Concerning points: b and c, that will require figuring out where that background comes from and look into some policies. Route creation, I'm not sure why you mention not OSM based, but what I do know is that there are quite some awesome open source routing implementations around that could generate this.. Perhaps I don't quite get your idea behind it (Do we 'invent' some routes, or do we just stock up known trails to follow).

The only non-technical thing I'm wondering about is , do you have some sort of business idea behind it. If it were self-sufficient, so if in some way a business model could make this pay for itself (in terms of computer power behind it). Would love to hear it. But in essence, it's just taking the very best stuff out of those different sites and mash it into something better.

Glenn