Glenn,

did you take a look at wandelknooppunt.be ? It shows all the walking
network nodes. You can click on the nodes and it compiles a route from
that, following the walking network routes between the numbered nodes. A
similar thing exists for cyclist.
The user should be able to compose his/her route. That's what
walking/cycling networks are for. this is not routing in the traditional
sense where you only give start and end-point.
I remember reading on this mailing list that it is great so see all the
cycling/walking networks in Flanders. It is great that the data has been
inserted, but now the data is shown in a boring way. You cannot interact
with it. (i.e. compose a route). And the site that shows it does not let
you visualize all the other important aspects for planning a walk / cycling
trip. That's why I think it would be nice to show to Tourisme Vlaanderen,
that all this data can be combined.

You cannot "beat" Tourisme Vlaanderen to display all walking networks. They
can do that themselves, and probably better, more complete and more
up-to-date. Why would they donate their data to OSM ? If they (or someone
else) can get more out of it (because there is other data as well), they
might see benefits to donate data.

I believe some of the sites I mention have their source code in the public
domain. So you will probably find the way they treat the opening hours in
some git repository.

All data in the sites I mention is already in OSM, no need to access other
sources. Opening hours is a tag in OSM, so the data can be inserted. There
is somewhere a proposal to improve the current tagging, but that's more for
monthly schemes.
As usual, the data is far from complete.

I'm not an entrepreneur, so I have no business plan at all :-) And maybe
"killer" app is not the right wording for this, just my idea that the power
is in the combinatie of the data, not in inserting a lot of one type of
data and getting that back out.

m.