Hi Marc,

On 2013-12-04 13:49, Marc Gemis wrote :
> Today, I did my first attempt add adding a boundary. The boundary is
> for the deelgemeente Muizen near Mechelen. The changeset
> is http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/19271107
>
> I used http://gisgeoloket.provant.be/ to export a jpg file of the
> boundary. I could not use the geo information that was generated by
> the file, probably due to a different projection.I then used JOSM +
> PicLayer plugin for positioning the exported jpg-file manually. Then I
> tried to trace the border.
I don't understand and I can't comment the "geo" things (which file,
which projections?) but the PicLayer is a method I use and it works fine.
> Please comment on the method and the result
As to the result, compare Muizen
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3359778> and, for example,
Dolembreux <http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2792257>.

  * in Belgium, we usually include the key subarea <relation> in the
    parent reation as you can see in Sprimont
    <http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2413544> and Mechelen (arr.)
    <http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2524403>
  * in Belgium, as in many other counties, we usually add an
    admin_centre, as well as a name on the borders, which makes it very
    easy to travel from a municipality to the next (click on Esneux —
    Dolembreux (180863558) <http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/180863558>
    and you're one click away from "Part of Relation Esneux (2417895)
    <http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2417895> (as outer)". Note
    that character — is not - nor --.
      o Node Dolembreux (860697753)
        <http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/860697753> as admin_centre
      o Way Chaudfontaine — Dolembreux (182800464)
        <http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/182800464> as outer
      o Way Esneux — Dolembreux (180863558)
        <http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/180863558> as outer
      o Way Sprimont — Dolembreux (198248587)
        <http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/198248587> as outer
      o Way Dolembreux — Gomzé-Andoumont (198186768)
        <http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/198186768> as outer
  * a few more tags are usually used, compare.

Not easy to avoid forgetting something, but after you've made one
hundred of them, it's like a "pater noster" ;-)
In Belgium, we usually don't write things like this in the wiki. We
repeat them in e-mail over and over again.

Cheers,

André.