On Friday 26 September 2014 13:16:35 André Pirard wrote:
> Yourself wrote that they should be tagged as admin_ref=A.001.123, which
> is a number for motorway maintenance personal and certainly not the
> general public.

Sure, but it doesn't mean it's not available to us, the signs are there, like
(and this is the best image I could find, but just go to a motorway near you
to see an example): http://imgur.com/mTGyThu

Anyhoo, just use destination:ref for the entries to motorways, which is a tag
you could reuse on other smaller roads as well. This is chicken and egg: if
no-one uses it, no program will support it. If an entire country uses it, then
they'll notice. And it's not like it's prohibited to use a tag if it's not
"formally" approved.

Just don't tag them as ref=*, it's wrong, it's tagging for the router.

Ben