Hello

I am very happy to read Marc and Ben proposals here under.

I think we should use a project management tool to floow them in the most
efficent way : who proposes what, what is done for when, who does what ...

Le Jeu 5 mars 2015 11:37, Marc Gemis a écrit :
> - I'm willing to help with one mapping party/presentation every 2 months
we can already plan the next 6 mapping parties/ what about organizing one
in each large city of Belgium : we'll have one in Brussels on April 25.
And we alternate a Flemisch speaking and a French speaking city.

Let's imagine

(end of the month of)
- June : Antwerpen
- September : Liege
- November : Gent
- January : Mons
- March : Leuven
- May : Namur
- June : Oostende
- September : (may start over with Brussels)

> or
> so. The one in Brussels is my next appointment.
thanks

> - I could try to write some texts for osm.be on stuff that I do (e.g.
> middelheim, rose garden, heritage) similar to the presentation on
> OpenBelgium when that is useful to show what one can do with OSM.
great

> - I'm willing to send an email to the province for the Atlas v/d
> buurtwegen
> (just give me the text :-) )

+1

> - I've contacted an ex-colleague who used drupal for some project (website
> of a dogschool). I asked him whether he would be willing to upgrade the
> and
> improve the infrastructure.

+2

> I'm not the organising type, so I won't organise meetups, mapping parties,
> etc. but as said before I'm willing to help with the technical part.

I am the kind of person interested in organizing and meeting the press.
Much less tehcnically oriented (even though I am really interested to
understand and practice the tools)

>> - Helping Nicolas with the mapping party: You can help him by
>> advertising
>> showing up of just email him and ask him what you can do:
>> nico...@pettiaux.be and more information is here:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Activities#Invitation_.C3.A0_une_Cartopartie_.5B1.5D_.C3.A0_Bruxelles_-_Samedi_25_Avril_2015.2C_9h_.C3.A0_13h

imho, we need to write a full program, a trilingual press document
describing what we'll do and how, to attract BEGINNERS (and not making
them afraid) and transmit that to the press so that they can write good
papers.

>> - Organize a local meetup: Not very difficult just go and sit somewhere
>> and wait for people to show up. We have noticed that this gets people
>> more
>> involved and communication improves.
+1

>> - Organize a mapping party: A very good idea!
YES

>> - West-Vlaanderen community-contact-person: We need someone (preferable
>> from WVL) that can communicate with me and local orgs like westtoer to
>> organize a couple of mapping parties. Workload is very low except when
>> it's
>> about to happen (the mapping party that is).
>>
>> Other TODO's:
>>
>> - Website improvements: I think our website looks like ****. We urgently
>> need some work on this. We also need someone to update drupal or move to
>> another platform (less maintenance), and setup proper multilingual
>> support.
who can help ?

>> - Communication, for example, weekly OSM and managing the
>> twitter-account/facebook group a bit better... ;-) Also a FR-speaking
>> volunteer would help a lot.
I volunteer for the French part. But I would very much like some active
help and support. For example by Julien Fastré and/or marc Ducobu

>> - Emailing to your province about the 'Atlas der Buurtwegen': The rights
>> to the maps are at provincial level. We need to contact each province
>> individually and ask them (each and every one) to release the maps for
>> use
>> in OSM. This is an important issue because in the past it has been
>> assumed
>> free and open but these maps are NOT!

yes these legal points need a dedicated team

imho, we should try ton convince law students and teachers to help

>> - Local Chapter: I want to submit a proposal to become a local chapter
>> of
>> OSMF. Anyone willing to help with some of the administration and reading
>> the procedure, contacting Paul Norman, etc...

+1 . Much thanks.

I propose to assume, for the time being, with Ben some kind of twin headed
lead of the OSM-be project. In my views, we would be (Ben and myself) just
the 2 porte-paroles/woordvoeders (is this goede Nederlands ?)/leaders
representing the most active united speaking communities of OSM-be (I
insist, form me the is ONE OSM-be but, to face reality, I think it is
appropriate to have one representative who is native speaker of eahc
language)

>> Some of these may seem strange and you could say that we should all just
>> stick to mapping but I think these actions can improve our community and
>> give more visibility to OSM.

I think you are completely right. We need to better and more communicate.

Much thanks and best regards to all.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux - nico...@pettiaux.be
Soutenons april.org , framasoft.org et laquadrature.net