Van: joost schouppe [mailto:joost.schou...@gmail.com]
Verzonden: zondag 17 april 2016 22:45
Aan: OpenStreetMap Belgium
Onderwerp: Re: [OSM-talk-be] MissingMaps National

Yes, Marc, you did great. I really liked the vrt clip actually.

At the VUB, we knew full well the VTM was coming, but I didn't think for a
second about how we should shape their message. I did talk to them quite a bit,
but they didn't ask to interview me. They did interview the professor, and that
seemed good to me: one of "ours" and one of "theirs" having a prime time
moment. How on earth they think Google has anything to do with the project -
you can't imagine how people think, I guess.
Everything I heard sounded good to me at the time though. We had already seen
the vrt clip, so honestly I was expecting them to do a copy-paste of that clip.

Anyway I don't think any of us expected exposure of this magnitude, so we never
actually took a minute to think about it. Maybe of some more people would have
joined the organization, someone would have thought of that :)

The reason VTM does show the Google Earth logo is probably that they have a
standard setup they use everyday and they know they have to do that. They
actually added that thing as the image at the tasking manager didn't cover all
the area being mapped as it was split over three tasks.

As was said here, what has been aired has been aired. But I will send a message
to Belga - they should do some decent fact checking if everyone else is just
copy-pasting from them.

Do add links to our work hackpad to any articles you may find.
https://hackpad.com/Missing-Maps-National-April-16th-6yr1qJEQoqq

All in all a great learning opportunity for all of us I think - also in how we
fail in reaching people who would potentially absolutely love us. As Jo said
somewhere, it feels like 30 could have been 80 with more promotion. Then again
200 mappers is incredible, IMHO.

Joost