On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Santens Seppe <seppe.sant...@stad.gent> wrote:
> ·        It might be a good idea to have some promotional material for
> future occasions. I’m thinking: an OSM(.be) banner in the background; flyers
> that explain OSM in a few words and that participants can take home; a way
> to identify the “coaches” (could be t-shirts, name tags,...);...
>
> ·        Although the clips on tv do not mention OSM, we should be aware of
> their potential to attract more mappers. Just one idea (I’m sure there could
> be more): I guess the participating universities will be happy to spread a
> short report about Saturday to their students, including links to the clip
> and of course clearly mentioning OSM. This might be a way to reach a lot of
> people.

Very good ideas. I hope Kristien Ooms from UGent will be able to
organise the Missing Maps parties for students that she has in mind.
For the Geography dept. of UGent,  it is interesting as they have
projects in Ethiopia with guest students visiting the university. So
they already have people that can give background information.

m.