Hi,

I tested a bit the thing, but found it not so easy to start with it. The setup process is very sumier described and some parts are ommitted (JOSM remote control). A more step by step guide of the import itself as case examples and explanation of the buttons is needed. To test something, it should be clear what you can do with it and what it is supposed to do in response to user actions taken.

The orange buttons are overdimensioned and take to much space, which limits the working view.
A legend should be present as popup to see the meaning of colours.
Popup of the address seems a weird format to me by using a slash to separate street and number. A slash should only be used to separate housnumber (+ letter) with letterbox (appartment) number The address popup shows in the middle of the structure, which means it does not show when that building is partially outside the working area. Alternative is popup at cursor position. (Does not to follow the cursor.)

For recent alterations of streets or houses it's of no use (not the tools fault).

Further more, I think OSM should not be cluttered with info on GRB/Crab.
But the GRB/CRAB tool should store and display itself some flags as eg verified discrepancy, do not import, obsolete, not as build, etc as intermediate between OSM and the raw data of Flanders.

I don't have time to test very much more.

Regards,
Gerard.

Jo wrote:

At best, it's another data source to be combined with survey, aerial photography, Mapillary. But it will be better if it doesn't frustrate the user for having bugs in it. Gerard expressed in interest in addresses and thus I thought he might be interested to know that new data source will become available soon(ish). Faster if more of us can pitch in with the testing.

Cheers,

Jo

    I totally agree with you on that. I'm one of Glenn's beta testers and
    I have noticed that depending on the town, the data given by GRB/Crab
    can be good or very bad/outdated.
    Also the data is rather limited in the types of buildings that it
    recognizes, which is a problem for me.
    Feel free to take a look at [1] to see stuff that is obviously wrong
    in GRB, even from aerial imagery. I gave up on adding more screenshots
    recently, but it should give you an idea of the data quality you can
    expect :-)

    m.

    [1] https://xian.smugmug.com/OSM/Screenshots/AGIV-Problems/

    On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Gerard Vanderveken <g...@ghia.eu
    <mailto:g...@ghia.eu>> wrote:
    > Congrats!!!
    > ( I didn't  connect the OSM username with you.)
    >
    > To me, as there are not much real unmapped places in Belgium,
    you should
    > always start from the map and during survey check what is
    missing and
    > otherwise, if what is present on the map is actually still
    present and
    > correct.
    > Else you could take a lot of pictures and notes of things
    already done.
    > Seems a waste of time and effort to me.
    >
    > As said below, for me the current mapping of sidewalks is fine!
    >
    > For the buildings and house numbering, I see a lot of the same
    problems with
    > these automatic imports as in regard with the 'import' of
    satelite photo's.
    > Every day, buildings, new streets, ... get constructed or
    demolished.
    > Satelite photo's and databases are frequently not on par with
    the real
    > situation.
    > eg. In Huldenberg you have Zagerijstraat, Priesterberg, 20
    houses down at
    > the St-Jansbergstwg, etc.
    > IMO, every import at the desk, should be followed or preceeded
    by a survey
    > at place, to verify current status.
    > I consider these tools more as a drawing aid and see the real
    force of the
    > open street map in its continual survey by the many and as such
    following
    > much closer the reality, then the other tools.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gerard
    >

    > Marc Gemis wrote:
    >
    > I know I mapped the place in detail, but I hoped people would
    mention
    > what they would map without looking at the map :-)
    >
    > I stopped mapping house numbers ( I have collected more than
    20.000 by
    > hand according to Pascal Neis :-)  ), as they are imported via
    CRAB at
    > the moment and maybe later this year via a GRB import (with the
    > buildings).
    > That's why I turned to other stuff.
    >
    > I've heard pro's and con's for separate sidewalks & cycleways. I
    don't
    > separate them as long as there is no physical barrier (hedge, guard
    > rail, ditch,...)
    > I'll try to map sidewalk=... or cycleway=... on the road though.
    >
    > I'll have a closer look at the TIA sign
    >
    > m.
    >
    > On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Gerard Vanderveken <g...@ghia.eu
    <mailto:g...@ghia.eu>> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Checking on the map, learns me that most items are already
    thoroughly mapped
    > (street cabinets, bins, advertising, lanes, crossings,...)
    > Things lacking, but not derivable from the photo are the division of
    > buildings and the corresponding addresses of the buildings.
    > IMO addresses are of more importance then the little street
    furniture and
    > should get more priority in mapping.
    > Not meaning, that I don't appreciate these mappings, every added
    object
    > counts!
    >
    > When you have lot of time, you could also map the separated
    footwalk and
    > bicycle paths, but this is advanced stuff, and I don't recommend
    it, as it
    > is not so easy to make a correct separation and have all options for
    > connections and resulting in no foot etc on the main highway
    itself, so that
    > routing programs for bike and foot will always select the
    correct paths. If
    > not done well, it makes more clutter then making things real or
    clear.
    > It seems these paths are already good and sufficient tagged in
    the map.

    > So, in short, at first sight, not much extra to map from the photo.
    > (I assume the sign to TIA is simply a direction and not part of
    a (tourist)
    > route, which would imply a missing relation for some bicycle
    route/network)

    > Regards,
    > Gerard.
    >
    > Marc Gemis wrote:
    >

    > I wonder whether we could learn to see/map more by looking at each
    > other's survey pictures. Would it allow novices to "see more" ?
    Let's

https://photos.smugmug.com/OSM/OSM-2016/2016-06-09-Wilrijk/i-b8Xdd5g/0/O/DSC_3228.jpg