My view on the "dock-definitions":

dock=tidal : A dock which follows the tide of the river/sea it is connected to, it doesn't have any locks. (example: Deurganckdock Antwerp)

dock=floating : "a dock <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_%28maritime%29> alongside a tidal waterway that maintains a constant level, despite the changing tides." ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_dock_(impounded) ). This constant level is maintained by locks. I believe this is what most people understand by "dock". The "impounding"-part in the wikipedia definition (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_dock_(impounded)#Impounding) refers to the operation of maintaining this high level (naturally vs mechanically).

dock=drydock : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_dock (listed correctly in OSM wiki).

What currently is stated as the definition of "dock=floating" in the OSM wiki is imho just a specific type of drydock (a floating drydock).

Michaël