Joost, Ben,

The question remains, is a "Middelbaar beroepsonderwijs." in Belgium a
college or a school ?
Michaël, Guy and myself believe it is school. The Dutch mapper said it
is college (for The Netherlands).
Should the wiki differentiate between Belgium and The Netherlands
(because the middelbaar beroepsonderwijs is so different), or did I
(and the others) have the wrong interpretation of the English wiki on
schools and colleges ?
I'll agree we should stick to the English definition, that's what the
Dutch tried to do as well, but with a I different outcome than we
have.

As for the school:XX, it is in addition to the amenity=school, but
allows local people to search in their own language without knowing
the OSM definition of school & college. This could make life of apps
such a OsmAnd easier, because the mappers do the translation. Support
I want to search for all atheneums in Belgium (not Lyceums, not
colleges (e..g Sint-Jansberghmanscollege). With a school:NL=atheneum
this would be solved. Now OsmAnd has to come up with some translation

Note that there is not an English word for each concept in the world,:-) [1]

[1]
http://mentalfloss.com/article/28915/14-more-wonderful-words-no-english-equivalent
 (and other pages)

m.