I doubt one had to dig something for the road to pass under the
railway. There is no "earth" between the road and the sky, only stuff
that humans created, like concrete, stones and asphalt. So a bridge
for me.
I apply the rule: stand on the road, look up, which layers of material
do you "see" before you reach the sky? Is there earth (grond/aarde)
that was not placed there artificially, then you are in a tunnel.
(similar to the digging rule mentioned earlier).

m.