Well, I'm no expert on this.

All i know is that before 2 days ago, it was registered to user:Dshpak
(he's the OSM mapper who did all the nations coastline)  or made the
conversion program or something?
It then time lapsed, and it looks like it got picked up my a domain
collecting thing.

DomainsAtCost Corp.
http://www.domainsearch.com/cgi-bin/Domain_Search?action=whois&DomainName=openstreetmap.ca&AdCode=infobox2

Jason Reed hosts the data, but does't have access to editing the website.  I
reached him on facebook (i don't know what his email address is, he's not
active in OSM right now)

and Nicolas Gignac is interested in editing the page, so it includes french
(and update it more probably)

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ca/2010-March/002294.html

http://www.domainsatcost.ca/Whois.aspx

So you'll need to contact Jason Reed & call Domainsatcost.ca (it's a 613
number)   I dont know, would they have access to the history of the domain?
I'll message him on facebook asking to contact you.

I'm no good at this stuff. Its especially difficult if you register a domain
with Google... then nothing can be done on the website   (see
acrosscanadatrails.com)  you dont even get ftp access & it isn't linked to
other Google services.  .. which is rather annoying.

Cheers,
Sam