I'm near Lloydminster, Alberta and there is lots of data missing in the
area that we use OSM for.    I use Canvec to fill in missing data in my
area.

Canvec data should not be used to override more precise data but there are
Geobase imports in my area that are a complete wreck.  Some of the roads
are so bad that it's significantly less time consuming to just erase the
road and reimport versus trying to fix it.

I do spend some time with my gps and look for corrections while out driving
but in our area we'd have significantly less use for OSM without the Canvec
data.

Darren Wiebe