On 2016-08-25 04:53 AM, Adam Martin wrote:

> … The polygons will need to be either merged
> or redrawn to conform with the underlying land use.

Or, dare I suggest, deleted completely. If they take a huge amount of
work to fix and they add little value by being based on elderly data, I
question their need to be in OSM.

I know it's considered politically inexpedient to have huge blank areas
in your country's map: it gives ambitious neighbours expansionist ideas.
You can't find anything interesting in these polygons, and they don't
help you to find anything, either. Maybe we should just have the legend
“hic sunt sciuri”* every few square kilometres instead?

cheers,
 Stewart

*: “here be squirrels”