Many years ago I met one of the people behind the first Digital Chart of the
World and he said that they had to create a feature type called “many little
lakes” (or something like that) to represent areas in the northern parts of
Quebec and Ontario because all the tiny lakes were outnumbering all the other
water bodies in the world.

And, yeah, there are all sorts of places where the landuse, water and forests
don’t match. Trying to fix that will drive you to drink.

  —G