Thank for contacting the Canadian community Michael,
You provided us with a short but useful reminder of current rules we should
apply when importing data (or even just making standard edits).

However, I understand from your last paragraph that you will keep deleting
changesets. I was hoping your email started a discussion on best practices that
we could be put in place in our context since adjusting Canvec data to the
latest rules is a daunting task. I rather feel it is an ultimatum.

Do your future actions will apply to the imports made a few months, a few years
ago, which are 'full of errors' and for which nobody seems to care? Are you
going to check with concerned contributors (old/future imports) if they bother
or not to see their work deleted before you do it?

Furthermore, I hope you will not use you 100 objects per minute to decide
whether or not you will delete a changeset. I think this threshold is value
doesn't' apply (see below)

Daniel

About the100 objects threshold.
From my experience, if I load a Canvec tile in JOSM, make all the necessary
corrections and then import the result to OSM, I throw up to 25K objects to the
database within five minutes.  As far as I know, the timestamps attached to the
changeset and to the objects is generated by the OSM database when receiving
the data. The five minutes it takes to upload the data to the database (5K
objects per minute) do not reflect the time I spent editing the data prior to
the upload.