After reading Paul's email again, its possible that what Nakaner is doing
is in line with Paul's suggestion, if unnecessarily confrontational. I
tried to play around in JOSM to see if I could get the forest polygons to a
point where Nakaner would leave us alone by mercilessly deleting all of the
inner ways in the forest multipolygons, but because of the way things are
structured around rivers that would be several hours worth of work for one
tile. Given this perhaps the only solution is to bulk delete all Canvec
forest data. As someone who actually finds the forest data useful this
would be extremely unfortunate, but if it allows us to continue imports
without excessive external scrutiny then I am willing to except it.
(apologies for the English only emails, my French writing skills are sadly
lacking)