Au Québec, la Commission de toponymie publie les règles d'écriture des noms. Et
oui avec première lettre en capitales.
voir http://www.toponymie.gouv.qc.ca/ct/normes-procedures/regles-ecriture/

Pierre

      De : john whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com>
 À : Jonathan Crowe <jonathan.cr...@gmail.com>
Cc : Talk-CA OpenStreetMap <talk-ca@openstreetmap.org>
 Envoyé le : lundi 26 Septembre 2016 13h02
 Objet : Re: [Talk-ca] French street names in Ottawa

I suggest you take it up with the City of Ottawa since they have the
responsibility for naming the streets. French in Canada is quite different to
other countries.  For example accents are not normally used in upper case in
France but in Canada there are differences of opinion and it seems to relate to
the opinion of your teacher.There is very little consensus on what characters
are used in the French language.  One accented character only occurs in a
single French place name.  Fun when you need to define the character set.  863
is Canadian French character set by the way that is not used in other
countries.Cheerio John