Bjenk, I was on the same impression that CSD did (used to) not always match
municipal limits because of their objective (census) since in some case it
would not make sense to do so for statistical purpose…

Daniel

From: Bjenk Ellefsen [mailto:bjenk.ellef...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 7 March, 2017 09:20
To: James
Cc: Talk-CA OpenStreetMap
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Municipal boundaries

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing: Census Divisions are
higher level and more regional boundaries. CSDs are municipal boundaries (in
OSM, level 8).
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/subjects/standard/sgc/2011/sgc-intro
Can you give me an example of city limits that don't match a CSD or is not in
the SGC? Usually, the standard for municipal boundaries are the CSDs. At least,
as far as I know, this is the standard geography. When referring to actual city
limits, which geographical classification is it referring to?
Sorry for the questions, I am trying to understand what is the classification
used if its not the CSDs.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 9:11 AM, James