Hi Kevin -

> CSDs are legal boundaries - I.e. the legal boundary of a lower tier
> municipality.

I was a bit confused by terminology - I thought that Bjenk was referring
to LCTs. The one I live in looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/scruss/e4778dfc3a0ea5261581e688c4332c93

It's bounded by Eglinton Ave East, the Stouffville rail line, Corvette
Ave, Kennedy Rd, St Clair Ave East, the old GECO rail spur, and finally
Kennedy Rd again.

There's nothing to say that you're in this area (ward?), and as it's
designated by boundary ways, any import relation would have to map on to
the existing ways in OSM, and not StatCan's data. Even though many of
our ways are based on earlier imports of Federal data, there isn't a
perfect match. To StatCan, Eglinton Ave East is just a line. To us, it's
multiple separated ways.

I don't believe that these divisions belong in OSM, even although they
have legal definition for census use.

 Stewart