On 2018-01-26 09:56 PM, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:

> What I did was to "back-populate" the list of "approved" (by whom?  when?
> how did these get here?) list of Canadian cities from
> https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Contributors#Canadian_Municipalities into OSM's
> BC2020 wiki.

These are very old and pre-date the formal import documentation process.
The Toronto permission e-mail from 2011 or so amounted to not much more
than “Sure ;-)” [smiley included in original]. I don't think the process
would pass muster now.

Unfortunately, none of us are lawyers, the OSMF's lawyers are very busy
and naturally conservative, and slogging through licence work (and
myriad outdated wiki pages) is no fun for anyone, least of all volunteers.