On the import mailing list there is a proposal to import postcodes in the
UK one of the reasons given was that many like to input a postcode to get
directions on smartphones using things like OSMand.

I don't think an Open Data source with the correct licensing is available
in Canada but OSMand appears to be able to use the postcode if it is
entered in the map as part of the address.  Is there any Open Data that
might be useful?

I don't know if it is possible but could something be used to extract
postcodes in the current map and from there perhaps we could come up with a
list of missing postcodes that need one address with it in mapped?

As a minimum if you could add a few in you know from local knowledge that
might help fill in some gaps.

Thoughts

Thanks John