Canadian Postal Codes in urban areas are blocks of roughly 50 buildings
which makes them extremely interesting to use for GIS studies.  Average
income etc.

Both in the UK and Canada many people would rather type in a 6 character
code than a street address with city when looking for directions to a
location.  In the UK postcodes where restricted to a street which meant
when computer storage was expensive we used something called a prem code
which was the building number followed by the postcode and generated the
full address when required.  Canadian postcodes can spam different streets
especially in areas served by supermail boxes.

If I use  the example of my own address.  The house was built in the City
of Cumberland, but my postal address was Navan.  Then Canada Post changed
the postal address to Orleans which is interesting as Orleans does not
exist as a municipality.  Apparentyl there are one or two other places in
Canada that Canada Post doesn't use the municipality name in the postal
address.  Currently it is in the City of Ottawa so some mail gets addressed
Orleans and some Ottawa.  I had an elderly aunt who always addressed my
Christmas card to Navan and included the postcode until she died and each
year the post office would attach a sticker saying the postal address was
wrong.  The post code remains the same over all the changes.

So yes a postcode can change but from time to time they are more stable
than the official postal address.

As long as one address contains the postcode then Nominatim will find it
which means it can be used for directions.  You might be 30 buildings away
but you are in the right general area so I think adding them as part of a
street address is of value.

Cheerio John