Yeah, it changes from place to place and what has historically been
the standard.  I'm not against changing the standard, maybe we just need a
better or updated definition for what can be a primary road in Ontario.

Perhaps we make some standards for the heavily urbanised areas of Ontario
where "provincial highway or former provincial highway" isn't a useful
definition.  There are several Regional roads/numbered city roads that
would come to mind that would be decent candidates, as they connect lower
and/or upper tier municipalities, usually direct traffic to 400-Series
Highways, have heavy volume, and allow trucks.

Thoughts?

-Kevin