Ok, latest status:

a) From Rannu vallavanem: Borders are defined according to law in "Maaregister".
b) From Maa-amet: Borders are in Maaregister from Baaskaart. Into
Baaskaart they were digitized from old topographical maps, without any
proper legal base (no official coordinates). So these are technically
"arbitrary" lines. Therefore they do not want to publicize it and
therefore their XGIS and WMS hides them. If we want to get Baaskaart
with all data including the borders on sea we need to make request to
digital data department (namely Tanel Hurt, my ex-colleague from
Regio).

It could be that for same reason why they do not make them public in
their web site they do not share it with us or allow to make it public
in OSM. Who knows what was the reason they do not share Baaskaart to
us? I'll email Tanel now anyway.

Jaak

2010/2/9 Andre Grueneberg <andre-...@grueneberg.de>:
> Joosep-Georg Järvemaa wrote:
>> > How about (some special examples):
>> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=59.027&lon=22.7512&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF
>> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=58.202&lon=22.3945&zoom=12&layers=B000FTF
>> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=58.35&lon=24.5058&zoom=12&layers=B000FTF
>> It does not look right to my eye.
>
> What exactly do you mean?
>
>> Is it possible to have Maa-amet municipality borders visible together
>> with their orthophotography through WMS?
>
> Well, you could take the OSM file from
> <http://andre.grueneberg.de/osm/municipalities_20090601.osm.bz2>, load
> it into JOSM and open the Orthophoto WMS in the background.
> Alternatively you could compare two WMS layers ... unfortunately JOSM or
> WMSPlugin cannot add transparency to those layers ...
>
> Andre
> --
> This was a reminder of an unforgettable voice -- wossisname! you know?

Jaak Laineste
www.nutiteq.com
Skype: jaakl3000
Mobile: +372 509 2586