Dear all,

Sorry to land suddenly in this list. Most of you won't know me - I work at
the University of Nottingham (as my sig says) in GIS. I've been part of
research work relating to OSM at UCL in the past, and the group I lead also
research or interact with OSM in various ways (e.g. the OSM-GB project,
osmgb.org.uk ).

We also work in open source GIS and with OSGeo and it's with that hat on
that I'm actually emailing. I'm one of the co-chairs for the FOSS4G
conference in September 2013 that's being organised at the East Midlands
Conference Centre here in Nottingham, back-to-back with the AGI GeoCommunity
conference. In different ways there will be activities running from 16-22
September though our main dates are 17-21 Sept. I've cc'ed Steven Feldman
and Jo Cook on this email who are the Chair and the other Co-Chair
respectively.

Speaking for the FOSS4G local organisers, we're really keen to see
complementarity between the SotM and FOSS4G (and GeoCom, whose working group
I'm on as a FOSS4G liaison). We'd like to work with you on how all these
events can profit from each other. I'm happy to be a point of contact, at
least for now. It seems to me that Birmingham is more useful for SotM/FOSS4G
interaction than Durham or Southampton!

I've not been able to back-track on the OSM mailing lists as to when you're
aiming at actually holding the conference, possibly because I'm not on the
Mappa Mercia lists. Our strong hope would be that you'd go for the 12-14
Sept time frame.

Anyway, I hope I/we (the FOSS4G LOC) can be helpful and constructive and
really get the communities together in the UK in September. Please do drop
me a line if you want to interact on this. I'd be happy to be added to the
Mappa Mercia discussion if appropriate.

Regards,
Jeremy

-- ------------------------------------------------------------ --
Jeremy Morley
Geospatial Science Theme Leader, Nottingham Geospatial Institute,
Triumph Road, University of Nottingham. NG7 2TU, United Kingdom.
Web:   http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ngi     Twitter: jeremy_morley
Tel.:  +44/0 115 84 68411
Email: jeremy.mor...@nottingham.ac.uk

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy
or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily
reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.