If we get lists of places we are looking for then we can find them on
the map and fill the gaps. It also helps us to see what we are still
missing from the maps. The list below is only a quick list.

Amenities to get data for,

Airports
Ambulance Stations
Banks
Bus Stations
Bus Stops (is there post code data?)
Car Dealership's (Ford, Honda)
Cinemas
Coastguard (Boat houses, Emergency Phones)
Collages
Council Offices
Dentists
Exhibition Centres
Fast Food (major)
Fast Food (minor)
Ferry Terminals
Fire Stations
Football Grounds (ManU, Liverpool FC etc.)
GP Surgeries
Galleries
Grave Yards
Hospitals (NHS)
Hospitals (Private)
Hotels
Job Centres
Leisure Centres
Libraries
MOT Stations (DVLA may have a list we can request)
Magistrates Courts
Motorcycle Dealerships (BMW, Yamaha)
Museums
Petrol Stations (independents)
Petrol Stations (major) (BP, Shell, Esso)
Phone Boxes
Police Stations
Primary Schools
Pubs
Retail (major) (>100 stores Homebase, B&Q, Pets at home etc.)
Retail (minor) (<100 stores)
Secondary Schools
Supermarkets (Tesco, ASDA etc.)
Theatres
Train Stations
University
Zoos

Do I put this in the wiki[1] in a table showing name and Percentage
done, with a page for each list that has a table with the info in it.
Columns would be of the info gathered for the nodes and contain a OSM
link to the location, and a column for when it was tagged and who by.
I don't have the geek powers to make a database driven site that this
could all be stored on and edited by other users.

Jack Stringer
[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_Kingdom
under national projects.