Hi,

Nick Barnes wrote:
> Is it just me who thinks that having a wiki which is open to everybody
> and doesn't have any controls over who can do what is utterly ludicrous?

No, millions of Wikipedia contributors think it is a good thing (and
they even allow edits from people without an account) ;-)

> The only reason we found out about Liam123 was because somebody said
> "This doesn't look right to me". How do we know there isn't another user
> who's messing about with things somewhere else?

We don't.

> To my mind, nobody ought to be able to edit live map data unless:
> 1 - They have uploaded n tracks,
> 2 - They have had m edits approved by a moderator
> 3 - They are vouched for by somebody who has made many many edits

A rather draconian way of reducing the freedom of contributors. We *do*
want to give newcomers the rewarding experience of fixing a bug and
seeing it fixed on the map more or less immediately. A moderator
approving something is surely the last thing we want (or can handle
technically for that matter).

Bye
Frederik