On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Jeffrey Martin<dogs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we want different policies for different areas and different kinds of
> data.
>
> For example once all the roads are mapped we freeze the roads, but we allow
> free changing of street names until they reach a freeze point.
>
> Here in Korea I just want data and the more the better. In downtown London I
> would assume all the roads can be frozen
> except for major construction.

That would be a very bad assumption, as every single one of our
continuing London mapping parties shows. I'm constantly moving and
renaming roads as the data we get becomes more precise.

Nevermind the more technical issues such as adding and connecting
roads to existing roads, or foot paths, or cyclepaths, or any of the
other stuff which might not be considered mapping the roads but still
requires editing them.

Dave