On 17/02/2010 12:11, Andy Allan wrote:
> I think it would be great[1] if we had at least two dozen mapping
> parties this summer around the UK.

We'll certainly be doing more round Cambridgeshire in the coming months.
A group of us has been collectively plugging away at Wisbech and NE
Cambs and the Norfolk/Cambs border over the winter(*), and once that's
done we will be moving further west.

We have a problem in Cambridgeshire now, that the big places are all
done, and the smaller places are quote inaccessible.

One exception is Whittlesea near Peterborough, which has a station. At
16,000 people three or four of use will easily do this ion a day. Three
or four is the typical numbers we've been getting though!

There's then a lot of smaller villages west of the A1 and Peterbnorough
which need doing. I have an idea of doing a kind of "drag and drop"
mapping party using a minibus to move people between villages with their
bikes over a weekend.

David

(*) the concentration here is for a special project which I'll tell
everyone about shortly.